John F. S. Stiff, Jr.
JOHN F. S. STIFF, JR. has a practice that focuses on commercial litigation as it relates to renewable energy, regulatory and administrative, and cannabis law and civil litigation matters. Before joining Sutin, John served as a law clerk and associate attorney for a prominent civil defense firm in Albuquerque. Prior to that experience, he also clerked for a second Albuquerque law firm and a legal aid firm in California.
His experience includes obtaining a defense verdict at jury trial in the Second Judicial District Court in a disputed liability claim and a judgment at an arbitration trial. He has also negotiated and resolved complex litigation through alternative dispute resolution.
John provides written and oral communication for his clients in both Spanish and English.
- New Mexico, 2020
- University of California, Davis School of Law, 2017, J.D.
- The George Washington University, 2013, B.A. History, summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Equal Justice America Fellowship recipient, 2014
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Shelter and Family Empowerment (S.A.F.E.) House, Board Member, 2019-2021
- New Day Youth and Family Services, Albuquerque, NM, served as a transitional living program coordinator to develop clients’ fundamental life skills. During this time, he used his conversational Spanish to communicate with ESL and non-English speaking clients, 2013-2014