Jacqueline K. Kafka
Your use of this website and any communications with Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne. You do not have an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne and cannot expect Sutin, Thayer & Browne to take any action on your behalf unless and until you and Sutin, Thayer & Browne make an explicit agreement setting forth the scope of representation, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. Any information you send to Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website is non-confidential and non-privileged. Do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.
Jacqueline K. Kafka belongs to the firm's litigation group. She practices primarily in commercial litigation and creditor rights.
Ms. Kafka was a summer associate at the firm while attending the University of Arizona James E. Rogers School of Law. She was an articles editor for Arizona Law Review, a member of the 2015-2016 Jessup Moot Court competition team, a national competition on international law, and a member of the 2015-2016 National Trial Competition team, which was runner-up in its region. She also clerked at the Pima County Superior Court.
Before attending law school, Ms. Kafka co-authored Obamacare: A Handbook for Employers, while working for TimeForge Labor Management Company. She did her undergraduate work at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. She is a New Mexico native hailing from Las Cruces.
- New Mexico, 2016
- Navajo Nation, 2016
- Arizona, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 2018
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, 2016, J.D. summa cum laude
- Texas Tech University, 2012, B.A. in English, minor in Spanish, summa cum laude
Publications & Speeches
- Persuading the Court with Persuasive Authority: Lifting Arizona's Ban on Citations of Memorandum Decisions, 7 Ariz. L. R. 871 (2015).
- Obamacare: A Handbook for Employers, by Anthony Presley, Erik van Gilder, Jacqueline Kafka, Audrey Presley (2013)
- Order of the Coif
- Dean’s List, University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
- Distinguished Scholar Scholarship
- Cali Excellence Award for Torts
- Cali Excellence Award for Criminal Procedure
- Cali Excellence Award for Biz Orgs; Estates and Trusts; Oil and Gas
- Outstanding Legal Writing Award
- Outstanding Oral Advocacy Award
Professional & Community Involvement
- Arizona Law Review, Articles Editor
- National Trial Competition team
- Jessup Moot Court Competition team
- Law Women’s Association, Social Chair
- Law School Student Delegate
- Ares Fellow