L. Curtis Vernon
Your use of this website and any communications with Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne. You do not have an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne and cannot expect Sutin, Thayer & Browne to take any action on your behalf unless and until you and Sutin, Thayer & Browne make an explicit agreement setting forth the scope of representation, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. Any information you send to Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website is non-confidential and non-privileged. Do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.
Curtis Vernon belongs to the Commercial Group. He practices in the areas of public finance, business and corporate law, and estate planning. Curtis earned his J.D. in 2015 from University of New Mexico School of Law, where he served as Managing Editor of the Natural Resources Journal. Prior to law school, Curtis earned a master’s degree in finance from the UNM Anderson School of Management, where he helped manage an all-equity investment portfolio created by the Regents’ Endowment Fund. He worked as an associate with the Sutin Firm during the summer of 2014. Before that, Curtis worked at Sandia National Laboratories, providing business support to a nuclear nonproliferation organization and later working in information systems and databases.
- New Mexico, 2015
- University of New Mexico Law School, 2015, J.D.
- University of New Mexico Robert O. Anderson School of Management, 2012, M.B.A.
- University of New Mexico, 2010, B.A., magna cum laude
- Dean's Award for Significant Contribution to the Law School Community, University of New Mexico School of Law, May 2015
- Clinical Honors Award, University of New Mexico School of Law Clinical Law Program, May 2015
- Albert J. and Mary Jane Black Trust Scholarship, Anderson School of Management, August 2011
- Presidential Scholar, University of New Mexico, August 2007
- Dean's List, University of New Mexico
Professional & Community Involvement
- Association of Commerce and Industry, Member, Entrepreneurship and Taxation Committees
- Money and Me, LLC - Trainer in money-management basics for low-income families and individuals
- Young Lawyers Division mentoring program
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Natural Resources Journal, University of New Mexico School of Law, Managing Editor