Norman S. Thayer
Your use of this website and any communications with Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne. You do not have an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne and cannot expect Sutin, Thayer & Browne to take any action on your behalf unless and until you and Sutin, Thayer & Browne make an explicit agreement setting forth the scope of representation, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. Any information you send to Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website is non-confidential and non-privileged. Do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.
NORMAN S. THAYER is of counsel to the firm. Since 1960, his practice has spanned a range of complex litigation involving contracts, corporations and partnerships, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in all matters. He is a member of the Roehl Circle of Honor for New Mexico Trial Lawyers, and:
- Taught the UNM Law School class in legal ethics, summer session 1998.
- Served as member of the Standing Committee on Rules of Professional Conduct 1990-98.
- Served on the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court 1985-1990, Chair 1990.
- Served on the Board of Bar Commissioners 1985-86.
- Served as commissioner on the New Mexico Judicial Standards Commission, 2010-2014.
- Presented more than 20 Continuing Legal Education programs on legal ethics at State Bar conventions and local bars and to professional groups.
- New Mexico, 1960
- United States Supreme Court, 1990
- University of New Mexico Law School, 1960, J.D.
- University of New Mexico, 1954, B.A.
Publications & Speeches
Norman has written articles and given presentations on a wide variety of topics related to his practice throughout his career.
- Distinguished Achievement Award, UNM Law School Alumni Association, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV Preeminent
- Best Lawyers, Litigation-Antitrust, 2013 Albuquerque Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers, Antitrust Law and Commercial Litigation
Professional & Community Involvement
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Board, Albuquerque Museum of Art and History