Your use of this website and any communications with Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne. You do not have an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne and cannot expect Sutin, Thayer & Browne to take any action on your behalf unless and until you and Sutin, Thayer & Browne make an explicit agreement setting forth the scope of representation, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. Any information you send to Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website is non-confidential and non-privileged. Do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.
OSCAR COBOS belongs to the firm's litigation group. He focuses his work primarily on creditor rights and bankruptcy law. He is a graduate of the University of Colorado Law School in Boulder, Colorado. He has clerked and assisted in several law firms, including Sutin, Thayer & Browne, Johnson & Klein in Boulder, and White and Steele in Denver. He also served an externship with the Supreme Court of Colorado's Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel, in Denver. He is fluent in Spanish.
Oscar is a native of Las Cruces, N.M., where he graduated from New Mexico State University. He received his B.A. in Criminal Justice and Spanish, both with honors. Outside of the office, Oscar enjoys watching baseball and spending time outdoors.
- New Mexico, 2018
- Navajo Nation, 2018
- University of Colorado School of Law, 2018, J.D.
- New Mexico State University, 2014, B.A. in Criminal Justice, B.A. in Spanish, both with honors
- University of Colorado Law School, scholarships: Class of 1985 Colorado Law Community, and CHBA Louise Romero
- New Mexico State University, Arts and Sciences General College Scholarship, Carl A. Tyre Memorial Scholarship, Daniel D. Villanueva Endowed Scholarship, Crimson Scholar recognition of exceptional academic achievement, Academic and Leadership Graduation Stole recipient.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Certified LexisNexis Legal Researcher
- CLEO Fellow
- LexisNexis Student Representative
- Latino Law Student Association, Treasurer and Student Bar Representative
- Spanish-Speaking Law Students Association, Co-President and Liaison
- Spanish Interpreter for Denver Legal Night, 2015-2018
- Law School 'Yes We Can' Mentor, 2016-2018
- High School Baseball Coach, Las Cruces, NM, 2012-2015
- Drafting operating agreements, articles of incorporation and demand letters.
- Developing land use and zoning development materials for seminar.
- Represented clients at bond hearings at the Boulder County Jail under the Student Practice Act.
- Legal research including dram shop act, bankruptcy, ADA, foreclosure and employment.
- Participated in DACA renewal clinics.
- Witness investigation.