Felecia N. Cantwell
FELECIA N. CANTWELL is a member of the firm’s litigation group. Her practice focuses in the areas of civil litigation, regulatory and administrative law, employment, and contested probate matters. Prior to joining Sutin, Felecia served as a Trial Attorney for the Office of the Second Judicial District Attorney. She also worked in private practice as both a law clerk and associate attorney for a major New Mexico firm.
While working on her Bachelor’s Degree, she worked as a volunteer/non-credited intern and trial assistant for the Ninth Judicial District Attorney’s Office in Portales, NM. It was this experience, along with her service as a clinic law student representing low-income clients, that drove her to become a lawyer. She also served as a Department Chair at New Mexico State University, Carlsbad campus, and taught in both full-time and online adjunct capacities for more than 13 years.
Felecia earned her J.D. from the University of New Mexico School of Law, graduating cum laude in 2017.
- New Mexico, 2017
- U. S. District Court, District of New Mexico, 2017
- University of New Mexico School of Law, 2017, J.D., cum laude
- Wayland Baptist University, 2010, Master of Public Administration
- Eastern New Mexico University, 2008, B.S. in Psychology, summa cum laude
Publications & Speeches
- “Wills, Estate Planning, and Power of Attorney: What You Should Know,” August 20, 2021. Vision Seekers Virtual Conference.
- “Criminal Record Expungement Resources for Pro Se Litigants,” September 10, 2021. Vision Seekers Virtual Conference.
- “The Ends and Outs of Nonprofit Formation,” September 24, 2021. Special Meeting for Confidential Board of Directors.
- “Child Custody, Legal Authority and Father’s Rights,” 2016. University of New Mexico Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Albuquerque, NM. Sponsored by the University of New Mexico School of Law.
- Presented special sessions outlining the intersection of law and psychology in Business Law, Applied Psychology, Introductory Psychology, and Human Growth/Development college courses.
- Taught business law courses, topics including but not limited to: employment law, business incorporation, dissolution, and litigation.
- University of New Mexico School of Law Clinical Honors Award, 2017
- New Mexico Law Review, Professional Articles Editor, 2016-2017
- University of New Mexico School of Law Dean’s List
- University of New Mexico School of Law Merit Award Scholarship
- Forty Under 40, Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce, 2013
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Litigation
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice
- State Bar of New Mexico
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association