Liquor Licensing and Regulation
Sutin, Thayer & Browne’s liquor license practice involves the ownership, lease and use of the several types of liquor licenses authorizing clients to sell and serve liquor issued by the Alcohol and Gaming Division of New Mexico. We advise clients concerning the applicable laws, regulations and customs that exist in practice before the Alcohol and Gaming Division and the local city and county governments that must approve changes in license ownership and location.
- We represent clients in the purchase and sale of retailer, dispenser and other quota-based liquor licenses.
- We assist clients with applying for and maintaining wholesaler, restaurant and other non-quota based liquor licenses.
- We regularly defend licensees in claims by the Alcohol and Gaming Division of the Regulation and Licensing Department for alleged violations of liquor sales to minors.
- We represent licensees in administrative hearings for transfer of liquor licenses.
- We enforce security agreements where liquor licenses are pledged as collateral.
- We represent lien holders and licensees in connection with liquor wholesale liens in District Court and Bankruptcy court.
- We facilitate liquor license swap agreements.
- We assist clients with the federal notice filings, bonds and applications required for various kinds of alcohol operations, such as breweries and manufacturers.
Robert J. Johnston
Charles J. Piechota