Employment and Labor Law
Sutin, Thayer & Browne offers a full range of legal services on employment and labor issues in litigation and non-litigation contexts to our both public and private clients. We draft employee handbooks, policies and procedures, navigate employee benefits, consult on reductions in force and other terminations, provide training sessions on sexual harassment and discrimination, and defend lawsuits based on employment claims. We advise clients regarding day-to-day operating issues as well as provide longer-range strategic planning services. We offer a comprehensive approach to meet the needs of our business and government clients. The firm is known for its preventive legal work: its willingness and ability to avoid employment litigation on the front end for clients through mediation and dispute resolution.
- We represent a majority of the employment work in the state’s largest universities and colleges.
- We handle significant defense contractor work, including issues related to mutable workplace issues and security clearances.
- We represent national laboratories with respect to tax implications of employment benefits and compensation.
- We defended a communications utility company in an employment class action suit resulting from a major reduction in force.
- We represent public employers in defense of civil rights, whistleblower, discrimination and breach of contract lawsuits brought in state and federal courts.
Suzanne Wood Bruckner
Alex G. Elborn
Tina Muscarella Gooch
Christopher A. Holland
Christina M. Looney
Lynn E. Mostoller
Jay D. Rosenblum
Mariposa Padilla Sivage
Barbara G. Stephenson