Professional Service Firms
Professional service firms face unique management and risk-management challenges. Sutin, Thayer & Browne lawyers advise and assist a wide variety of professionals, including insurance groups, accountants, corporate bankers, financial advisers, real estate brokers, consultants, advertising and design firms, surveyors, research and development concerns, contractors, and architects and engineers. When appropriate, we partner with our professional service clients and cross-serve within our own firm to weave strong collaborative relationships. Our in-depth knowledge of the sector enables us to provide solutions to professional industry issues.
- We represent a number of insurance agencies in various capacities, including collections and tax considerations.
- We represent hospitals and nursing homes with respect to employment, compensation and benefits, taxation, acquisition and litigation.
- We served as corporate counsel to a large professional engineering firm in its ESOP acquisition, one of the largest in New Mexico.
- We routinely advise and represent New Mexico’s larger architectural and design firms.
- We represent a number of New Mexico's largest accounting firms.
- We represented an ammonia extraction plant in a lawsuit for damages against electrical design engineers and a public utility.
- We defended an architect whose negligence was claimed to have contributed to the escalation of a riot at the New Mexico State Penitentiary.
- We defended a designer and general contractor against claims ranging from $20 million to $60 million based on allegations of faulty design and construction and breach of contract.
Lawyers in this Sector
Andrew J. Baranowski
Anne P. Browne
Suzanne Wood Bruckner
Eduardo A. Duffy
Tina Muscarella Gooch
Susan M. Hapka
Robert J. Johnston
Stevan Douglas Looney
Lynn E. Mostoller
Charles J. Piechota
Jay D. Rosenblum
Frank C. Salazar
Mariposa Padilla Sivage
Benjamin E. Thomas