Business and Corporate Law
Our lawyers have extensive experience in providing all manner of commercial transactional services to our business, institutional, entrepreneurial and governmental clients, including advisement on corporate governance; analysis of member, director, officer and employee responsibilities, liabilities, and indemnification; analysis of federal and state trade name, trademark, service mark and corporate name protection; sale and purchase transactions; analysis of banking and lending relationships and documentation; review and preparation of business forms, including invoices, security documents and contracts; preparation of business opinion and advice letters; preparation of all types of business agreements and documents; and all other related business planning services.
The Firm for many years has represented both public and private entities in complex commercial transactions. Our lawyers have negotiated contracts for a variety of public and private entities, including joint powers agreements.
Our experience covers the entire spectrum of contract-related matters, including matters involving real estate contracts, procurement contracts, construction contracts, joint venture contracts, insurance contracts, loan contracts, leases of real and personal property, employment and non-competition contracts, sales contracts and purchase contracts.
- Our lawyers represented a multinational corporation in the development of a $200 million project that layered industrial revenue bonds, Local Economic Development Act funds, New Markets Tax Credits, Job Training Incentive Program financing, tax credits, and conventional financing. We also represented that corporation in the design and construction of the manufacturing facility and negotiations with utilities.
- We coordinated representation of a state agency in the development of a public-private partnership, including construction of a new facility, National Environmental Policy Act review, negotiations of the public-private agreements, implementation of related incremental taxes, and advisement to the governing body.
- We have represented a number of public and private clients involved in environmentally sensitive transactions, including the NEPA process, state environmental permitting and brownfield redevelopment.
- We have represented clients in the formation, purchase and sale of trucking companies.
- We have represented a number of venture capital firms in acquisitions, recapitalizations and divestitures in a wide range of sectors including the auto, health care, manufacturing and renewable energy industries.
- We routinely serve as local counsel for M&A and real estate transactions and pride ourselves in being responsive, knowledgeable of local matters, and sensitive to the need not to duplicate efforts.
- We represented a solar energy startup in its private offering of securities to angel investors.
- We represented a green energy startup in the development and licensing of an efficient commercial battery invention.
- We represented a publicly traded energy company in its acquisition of a local energy equipment manufacturer.
- We represented a telecommunications company in various land use and FCC licensing matters.
- We represented a restaurant conglomerate in the tax deferred spin-off of one of its concept chains.
- We represented an international manufacturer in the development of 409A compliant incentive compensation packages for its senior officers.
- We represented multiple clients in the purchase of developed and undeveloped real estate, including the negotiation of federal permits, easements and lease rights.
Lawyers in this Area
Anne P. Browne
Suzanne Wood Bruckner
Eduardo A. Duffy
Tina Muscarella Gooch
Wade L. Jackson
Robert J. Johnston
Charles J. Piechota
Jay D. Rosenblum