Careers for Lawyers
If you are currently working in the Mountain West, the chances are good that you have met a Sutin lawyer or two along the way or heard good things about our work. Maybe it has piqued your interest in joining our ranks. We are always on the lookout for talented, experienced laterals who fill a specific need or fit well with the direction of the Firm.
Every new lawyer is hired with the expectation that his or her development will result in shareholdership. In fact, many of the laterals we have hired in previous years have become members of Firm leadership and currently hold most of the Firm’s top offices.
If you would like to explore working in our rewarding, collaborative environment, please send a letter of interest, résumé and writing sample to both:
- Eduardo Duffy, Recruiting Chair, at email@example.com
- Sarah Reed, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to working alongside some of the top legal minds in the region, we offer competitive salaries and an exemplary benefits package. We encourage out-of-state applicants to discuss their connection to New Mexico in their application packages.
Associate Attorney (Business and Corporate Law)
Sutin, Thayer & Browne APC is looking to hire a full-time Associate Attorney with an interest in Business and Corporate Law with 1-3 years of experience, whether it be educational or working knowledge; Tax Law knowledge is also preferred.
Under the direction of several attorneys, this position is responsible for performing a wide range of professional, timely, competent, and cost effective legal services to the firm’s clients.
This position requires learning, understanding and retaining facts and issues; paying close attention to detail; anticipating important tasks to do; reviewing and drafting a variety of documents and schedules; and analyzing and applying statutory law to relevant facts while working with several attorneys on complex matters.
- Must be licensed to practice law in New Mexico
- Must have excellent legal writing, research, and oral communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational and prioritizing abilities
- Strong work ethic and self-starting nature
- Must maintain client confidentiality
- Must have the ability to use initiative and good judgement in working independently as well as in a team
- Must have the ability to work with others, including staff and attorneys
- Must learn from mentors and implement their feedback
- Tax or Business experience is preferred, but not necessary
Sutin, Thayer & Browne offer a full benefits package and competitive pay. Hybrid work schedule is an option.
About Sutin, Thayer & Browne APC
Sutin, Thayer & Browne is a respected, established law firm known for providing high-quality services. The firm is rich in its history and its wide array of exceptional lawyers. It was established in 1946 and currently provides a full range of legal services to businesses and individuals in transaction and litigation settings.
Sutin, Thayer & Browne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, spousal affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.