Personal Injury, Product Liability and Professional Malpractice
We bring, as well as defend, personal injury and wrongful death claims. These matters involve a broad spectrum of theories, including strict liability and traditional negligence, and involve claims for damages for a variety of non-physical injuries. Our experience includes medical malpractice claims, premises liability issues, recreational injury claims, claims relating to injuries caused by dangerous and defective products and automobile accident claims. We also handle matters relating to insurance defense, including premises liability, nursing home liability, governmental entity defense, bad faith, employment, trucking and transportation, railroad accident defense, construction defects, toxic torts, governmental entity defense, professional malpractice, medical malpractice, architectural malpractice and engineering malpractice.
- We obtained a substantial settlement for a client’s claim against her employer, a major hospital, for medical malpractice, violations of the New Mexico Racketeering Act, and wrongful termination based on serious medical condition and/or disability. Additionally, we successfully negotiated with Medicare to protect most of the client’s settlement from a lien.
- We successfully defended an architect in a construction and design defect case who designed a multimillion-dollar home that was severely damaged by soil subsidence and related issues.
- We have represented clients in front of Boards of Contract Appeals and defended contractors in Federal Debarment proceedings.
- We have defended contractors under the False Claims Act and Program Civil Remedies Act.
- We represent clients in labor and affirmative action audits and Qui Tam actions.