Stevan Douglas Looney
STEVAN DOUGLAS LOONEY practices primarily in the area of complex litigation, arbitration and mediation, including healthcare, business, personal injury, wrongful death, environmental, taxation, contract, insurance defense, civil rights, employment, real estate matters and healthcare litigation.
Mr. Looney also has significant experience in construction litigation, healthcare and nursing homes litigation, shareholder and partner disputes, and lender liability issues. He has arbitrated and mediated commercial and construction disputes, and he is currently a Hearing Officer for the New Mexico Disciplinary Board. Mr. Looney’s practice also includes appellate representation in state and federal appeals. He served as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of New Mexico from 1994 to 1997.
Mr. Looney was an airborne infantry soldier with the 82nd Airborne Division from 1970-72.
- New Mexico
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of San Francisco, 1980, J.D.
- California State University at Hayward, 1977, B.A. summa cum laude
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV Preeminent
- Super Lawyers, 2009-2015
- Super Lawyers, Business Litigation 2010-2014
Professional & Community Involvement
- New Mexico Disciplinary Board, Hearing Officer
- New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board (2002-2010)
- Federal Bar Association
- Albuquerque Bar Association