Jay D. Rosenblum
JAY D. ROSENBLUM is chairman and senior shareholder of Sutin, Thayer & Browne, one of New Mexico’s leading law firms. Jay served as President and CEO of the firm for eighteen years, from 2000 through 2017. Jay’s practice includes business design, corporate and estate work, succession planning, and philanthropic legal matters. In 2017, the State Bar of New Mexico’s Business Law Section honored Jay as “Business Lawyer of the Year.” Jay is also a recipient of the Zia Award, a recognition annually given to distinguished alumni of the University of New Mexico. Jay served as chair of the New Mexico Community Foundation and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce and as a private trustee for a Colorado philanthropic foundation. Jay also serves on the Boards of Directors of the Parker Center for Family Business, a nonprofit affiliate of UNM’s Anderson School of Management, and the Jewish Community Foundation of New Mexico. Jay’s avocation is playing bass for New Mexico’s western swing band, the Curio Cowboys, and its various swing and country offshoots. The Curios were winners of the New Mexico Music Awards for Best Instrumental in 2017 and 2020.
- New Mexico, 1982
- University of New Mexico Law School, 1982, J.D.
- University of New Mexico, 1978, B.A. with honors in political science
Publications & Speeches
Jay has written articles and given presentations on a wide variety of topics related to his practice throughout his career.
- New Mexico Business Lawyer of the Year, 2017
- Chambers USA, Corporate/Commercial Law
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV Preeminent
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- University of New Mexico Zia Award, 2013
Professional & Community Involvement
- Parker Center for Family Business, Board of Directors
- Jewish Community Foundation of New Mexico, Board of Directors
- Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- New Mexico Community Foundation, Past Chairman
- American Bar Association
- Leadership New Mexico, 2002
- Leadership Albuquerque, 1988