Careers for Paralegals, Legal Assistants and Other Staff
If you are responding to an advertisement or are generally expressing interest in the firm, please send a letter of interest, including salary requirements, and a résumé by email to Sarah Reed at:email@example.com
Public Finance Paralegal
Sutin, Thayer & Browne APC is looking to hire a full-time Public Finance Paralegal in its Albuquerque, NM office. The successful candidate will support nationally-recognized finance attorneys who participate in public finance and commercial lending transactions.
The successful candidate must have prior experience as a paralegal in public finance transactions, commercial lending transactions, and/or real estate transactions.
This position is responsible for performing a wide range of tasks and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Draft loan documents, closing certificates, and opinions.
- Research industry databases, publicly-available information from local governments and other sources, as well as applicable law.
- Prepare timetables and calendar significant dates so that all legal work is done timely.
- Prepare documentation for closings, including organizing, proofreading, and assembling documents.
- Coordinate closing logistics.
- Manage electronic matter files.
- Keep accurate time records.
- In all aspects of this position, follows the ethical requirements as set forth by the Rules of Professional Conduct of the State.
- Experience in supporting a finance or real estate practice group in a law firm or professional services environment, preferred.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills, oral communication skills, research, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Understand the cycle of a transaction.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and maintaining high quality work products.
- Experience drafting legal documents.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work.
- Proactive self-starter with an energetic and pleasant demeanor.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Full benefits package and paid time off.
About Sutin, Thayer & Browne, APC
Sutin, Thayer & Browne is a respected, established law firm known for providing high-quality services. The firm is rich in its history and its wide array of exceptional lawyers. It was established in 1946 and currently provides a full range of legal services to businesses and individuals in transaction and litigation settings.
Sutin, Thayer & Browne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, spousal affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.