Careers for Paralegals, Legal Assistants and Other Staff
If you are responding to an advertisement or are generally expressing interest in the firm, please send a letter of interest, including salary requirements, and a résumé by email to Sarah Reed at:email@example.com
We are seeking to employ a full-time biller in our accounting department. ProLaw software knowledge beneficial. Word & Excel knowledge required. Electronic billing experience required. Minimum 3-5 years' experience. Strong bookkeeping and accounting background a plus. Must be a conscientious and dedicated professional with a good attitude and work ethic, and must work well as a team player. Excellent benefits package provided. Compensation depends on experience.
We will remove this notice when we fill the position.
Legal Assistant - Litigation
Dynamic legal assistant needed for busy Uptown law office in a great working environment. Assistant must be organized, efficient, accurate and flexible. Should have at least one year of experience in a litigation environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ProLaw preferred.
Full benefits package. Salary to be discussed.
- Assist lawyers and paralegals in rendering professional services to the firm’s clients by administering the day-to-day flow of office work between and among all internal personnel and internal departments, resulting in a timely and accurate work product. Perform miscellaneous clerical duties.
- Coordinate with support personnel and other office departments the flow of work product for paralegals and attorneys to meet specific deadlines. Use independent judgment in dealing with multiple work assignments from several lawyers and paralegals to administer the daily flow of work, prioritizing this work to meet deadlines.
- Under paralegal or lawyer direction, produce or oversee production and distribution of correspondence letters, memos, transmittals, court pleadings, documents and miscellaneous typing. Transcription is often required to produce these.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks for individual lawyers such as setting up meetings, arranging travel, keeping personal files, dealing with clients, taking messages, returning phone calls, making lunch reservations, performing administrative duties for office committees, completing and researching information for NBRs, registering attorneys and paralegals for CLEs and making the arrangements.
- Create and organize files according to guidelines. As needed, back up file center and paralegals in filing and document retrieval tasks.
- Back up paralegals with their workload or in their absence by assisting with paralegal tasks. Assistants are frequently expected to compose correspondence, pleadings, documents in lieu of a paralegal; make investigative calls for a paralegal or attorney to retrieve information; prepare and oversee final pleadings for filing with the court or appropriate agency; create indexes of pleadings, files, documents, etc.
- Perform calendaring/docket control tasks by calendaring all incoming mail according to guidelines, which entails reading mail and pulling out due dates that must be met by attorneys. Some departments use a follow-up system as back-up to the attorneys' due date reminders.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks such as witnessing wills, notarizing documents, making deliveries/pick-ups; prepare documents for closings, depositions, trials; prepare and organize books and notebooks; prepare closing transcript books and attorney books.
- Proofread paralegal and attorney work product, copy editing and red-lining.
- Learn how to cover and be available to cover at least one other legal assistant in his/her absence or work overflow. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience: Minimum one year of legal assistant experience, preferably in a litigation environment. A positive, flexible attitude is very important in this position, as well as the willingness to learn new tasks and work closely with others and more than one lawyer.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Sarah Reed, HR Director, at SOR@sutinfirm.com.
7-17-19. Post will be removed when position is filled.