Isaac A. Leon
Your use of this website and any communications with Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne. You do not have an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne and cannot expect Sutin, Thayer & Browne to take any action on your behalf unless and until you and Sutin, Thayer & Browne make an explicit agreement setting forth the scope of representation, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. Any information you send to Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website is non-confidential and non-privileged. Do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.
ISAAC A. LEON is a transactional lawyer with the firm's Commercial Group. He practices primarily in the areas of taxation and general business. He received his J.D. from the University of New Mexico School of Law, where he was recognized for his service to the Economic Justice Clinical Law Program. During his tenure as a law student, Isaac was a Legal Extern for Presbyterian Healthcare Services, had a second externship with New Mexico Legal Aid's Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, and worked as a Law Clerk for a number of firms in Colorado and New Mexico. He also worked as a Tax Intern for a firm in Las Cruces, New Mexico, while an undergraduate.
Prior to joining Sutin, Isaac was a Law Clerk and Associate Attorney for an Albuquerque law firm where he drafted, negotiated, and finalized stock and asset purchase agreements, some as high as seven figures, with ancillary documents on both the buyer and seller sides. He reviewed and revised construction contracts, drafted various corporate documents including operating agreements with comprehensive buy-sell provisions, redemption agreements, loan and security agreements, and self-directed IRA LLC operating agreements, along with researching corresponding tax issues.
Isaac holds an M.B.A. from the University of New Mexico Anderson School of Management, a Bachelor of Accounting degree from New Mexico State University, and is working on his Tax LL.M. with University of Denver Sturm College of Law Graduate Tax Program with an anticipated graduation date of May 2022.
- New Mexico, 2019
- University of New Mexico Law School, 2019, J.D., Cum Laude
- University of New Mexico Robert O. Anderson School of Management, 2019, M.B.A.
- New Mexico State University, 2015, Bachelor of Accounting
Publications & Speeches
- Note, Amount-In-Controversy In The Tenth Circuit: Providing A Corporate Defendant Even More Power Under CAFA, 48 N.M. L. Rev. 507 (2018).
- First Place, 20th Annual American Bar Association Law Student Tax Challege - LL.M. Division, 2021
- New Mexico Law Review, Citation Editor, 2018-2019
- Dean’s List, Fall 2016, Fall 2017, Spring 2019
- Honor Roll, Spring 2017, Spring 2018
- Research Assistant, Professor Jim Ellis, Spring 2018
- Research Assistant, Professor Nathalie Martin, Spring 2018
- Evidence and Trial Practice Tutor, Professor George Bach, Fall 2018
- Hugh B. Muir Award, Excellence in Tax Law
- Frederick M. Hart Award, Excellence in Commercial Law