Jesse D. Hale
Your use of this website and any communications with Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne. You do not have an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne and cannot expect Sutin, Thayer & Browne to take any action on your behalf unless and until you and Sutin, Thayer & Browne make an explicit agreement setting forth the scope of representation, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. Any information you send to Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website is non-confidential and non-privileged. Do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.
JESSE D. HALE practices primarily in the areas of health law, real estate, and commercial litigation. Jesse is a graduate of the University of New Mexico School of Law.
As a member of Sutin’s health law team, Jesse represents a variety of healthcare providers, from small practices and dental offices to hospitals, nursing homes, and FQHCs. He advises and represents healthcare clients in regulatory and compliance matters, fraud and abuse, False Claims Act (FCA) and New Mexico Fraud Against Taxpayers Act (FATA) matters and litigation, government investigations, billing and payment issues, payor auditing, credentialing, licensing, contract formation, and purchasing and procurement.
In his commercial litigation and real estate practice, Jesse represents individuals and businesses in commercial and real estate matters, including lease formation and negotiation, litigation regarding lease disputes, terminations and defaults, and commercial litigation.
Jesse is a native of the North Valley of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Before law school, Jesse was active in local and national politics, serving as a member of U.S. Senator Tom Udall’s 2008 Senate campaign staff in New Mexico and official staff in Washington, DC. During law school, Jesse served as a board member for the Association of Public Interest Law and the student chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico. Jesse also served as a research assistant for Professor James (Jim) Ellis, working with a team of student research assistants, professors, Professor Ellis, and practicing attorneys in preparing a petition for writ of certiorari to the United States Supreme Court on behalf of a death row inmate in Georgia. When he’s not practicing law, Jesse enjoys spending time with his wife and three young boys, cooking for his family and friends, and watching and playing soccer and basketball.
- New Mexico, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, 2013
- University of New Mexico Law School, 2013, J.D. cum laude
- University of New Mexico, 2008, B.A. cum laude in History
Publications & Speeches
- Corporate Practice of Medicine: A 50 State Survey, Second Edition, New Mexico chapter (American Health Lawyers Association), 2020 (co-authored with David H. Johnson and Robert J. Johnston)
- Justice Irwin Moise Merit Scholarship
- UNM Law School Dean’s Award
- UNM Law School Dean’s List
- UNM Law School Honor Roll
- UNM Undergraduate Dean's List
Professional & Community Involvement
- Vice Chair, Membership Committee, national ABA Health Law Section
- Member, Board of Directors, Chronic Disease Prevention Council, a New Mexico not-for-profit organization working to reduce chronic disease in New Mexico
- State Bar of New Mexico
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- State Bar of New Mexico, Young Lawyers Division
- State Bar of New Mexico, Health Law Section
Among other clients, Jesse represents healthcare providers, hospitals, and other facilities in all aspects of healthcare law, including:
- Regulatory and compliance matters
- Billing and payment issues
- Payer auditing
- Contract formation
- Purchasing and procurement
- Government investigations
- Fraud and abuse
- Federal False Claims Act
- New Mexico Fraud Against Taxpayers Act
In his commercial litigation and real estate practice, Jesse represents individuals and businesses in commercial real estate matters, including:
- Lease formation and negotiation
- Litigation regarding lease disputes
Jesse also has experience representing business clients in general commercial litigation.