Mariposa Padilla Sivage
Your use of this website and any communications with Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne. You do not have an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne and cannot expect Sutin, Thayer & Browne to take any action on your behalf unless and until you and Sutin, Thayer & Browne make an explicit agreement setting forth the scope of representation, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. Any information you send to Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website is non-confidential and non-privileged. Do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.
MARIPOSA PADILLA SIVAGE represents clients in a variety of civil and commercial litigation. She has considerable experience representing governmental entities and public employees. She handles complex litigation involving prison liability, probate and estate disputes, construction claims, premises liability, civil rights, governmental defense, insurance and tort defense. Ms. Padilla Sivage practices extensively in federal and state courts throughout New Mexico, as well as before administrative tribunals. She has also handled appeals for clients in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals as well as in the New Mexico Appellate Courts. Ms. Padilla Sivage worked in the field of marketing and public relations prior to her legal career.
- New Mexico, 2003
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico, 2004
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2004
- University of New Mexico Law School, 2003, J.D. magna cum laude
- University of New Mexico, 1998, B.A. Communications and Journalism
Publications & Speeches
- Workers Compensation: Exclusivity, Common Law Remedies, and the Reconsideration of the Actual Intent Test - Delgado v. Phelps Dodge Chino, Inc., 32 NMLR 567 (2002).
- Soto v. Galvan - McBrayer's "Scope of Duty" is Limited, NMDSA Defense News Fall 2008, co-author.
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV Preeminent
- Benchmark Litigation Under 40 Hot List
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star, Business Litigation 2012, 2013
- Order of the Coif
- Irwin Stern Moise Award for legal and judicial ethics, co-recipient, 2003
- University of New Mexico School of Law Clinic Honors, 2003
- MALSA Graduate of the Year Award, 2003
- New Mexico Law Review, Manuscript Editor 2002-2003,
Staff Member 2001-2002
Professional & Community Involvement
- Sutin, Thayer & Browne, Board of Directors, 2017-present
- New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2004-2010 and 2012-2016
- State Bar of New Mexico Committee on Diversity in the Legal Profession, current
- National Hispanic Bar
- American Bar Association
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute