Stevan Douglas Looney
Your use of this website and any communications with Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne. You do not have an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne and cannot expect Sutin, Thayer & Browne to take any action on your behalf unless and until you and Sutin, Thayer & Browne make an explicit agreement setting forth the scope of representation, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. Any information you send to Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website is non-confidential and non-privileged. Do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.
STEVAN DOUGLAS LOONEY practices primarily in the area of complex litigation, arbitration and mediation, including healthcare, business, personal injury, wrongful death, environmental, taxation, contract, insurance defense, civil rights, employment, real estate matters and healthcare litigation.
Mr. Looney also has significant experience in construction litigation, healthcare and nursing homes litigation, shareholder and partner disputes, and lender liability issues. He has arbitrated and mediated commercial and construction disputes, and he is currently a Hearing Officer for the New Mexico Disciplinary Board. Mr. Looney's practice also includes appellate representation in state and federal appeals. He served as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of New Mexico from 1994 to 1997.
Mr. Looney was an airborne infantry soldier with the 82nd Airborne Division from 1970-72.
- New Mexico
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of San Francisco, 1980, J.D.
- California State University at Hayward, 1977, B.A. summa cum laude
Publications & Speeches
- Author, "The Cause of the Destruction of the World Trade Center Buildings on September 11, 2001 and the Admissibility of Expert Testimony Under the Standards Developed in Daubert v. Merrill Dow Pharmaceutical, Inc." Journal of 9/11 Studies, Vol. 40, March 2015.
- Author, "Little Rock Reed: America's Most Wanted 'Fugitive From Justice,'" Journal of Prisoners on Prisons, Vol. 9, No. 1 (1998).
- Super Lawyers, 2009-2015
- Super Lawyers, Business Litigation since 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV Preeminent
Professional & Community Involvement
- New Mexico Disciplinary Board, Hearing Officer
- New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board (2002-2010)
- Federal Bar Association
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- Board of Trustees, Southwest University of Visual Arts