Lynn E. Mostoller
Your use of this website and any communications with Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne. You do not have an attorney-client relationship with Sutin, Thayer & Browne and cannot expect Sutin, Thayer & Browne to take any action on your behalf unless and until you and Sutin, Thayer & Browne make an explicit agreement setting forth the scope of representation, the fee arrangement and other relevant matters. Any information you send to Sutin, Thayer & Browne law firm through this website is non-confidential and non-privileged. Do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.
LYNN E. MOSTOLLER practices primarily in the areas of commercial litigation, regulatory and administrative law, employment law, contested probate matters, and appeals. Her experience with commercial clients and public agencies includes regulatory matters such as rulemaking, compliance filings, enforcement proceedings, and administrative litigation and appeals involving various boards, commissions and agencies. She has experience in jury trials and non-jury trials. In the employment law arena, she has experience with insurance defense, shareholder and partner disputes, federal and state appeals, and plaintiff and defense work. She has handled complex cases in contested probate, conservatorship and guardianship probate matters. Ms. Mostoller graduated from the University of New Mexico School of Law with the highest cumulative grade point average on record at that time. In 2004, she clerked for Judge Harris Hartz at the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- New Mexico, 2004
- Federal District Court, District of New Mexico, 2005
- United States Court of Appeals for Tenth Circuit, 2004
- University of New Mexico Law School, 2004, J.D., summa cum laude
- San Francisco Conservatory of Music, 1991, M.M.
- Eastman School of Music, 1989, B.M. with high distinction
Publications & Speeches
- Author: Freedom of Speech and Freedom from Student-on-Student Sexual Harassment in Public Schools: The Nexus between Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District and Davis v. Monroe County Board of Education, 33 N.M.L.R. 533 (Summer 2003) (Student Comment)
- Griego v. Oliver, 2014-NMSC-003, 316 P.3d 865.
- Elane Photography, LLC v. Willock, 2013-NMSC-040, 309 P.3d 53 (representing Amicus Curiae New Mexico Small Businesses in support of Plaintiff Vanessa Willock).
- Arredondo v. Locklear, 462 F.3d 1292 (10th Cir. 2006).
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV Preeminent
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation
- Super Lawyers
- Order of the Coif
- ACLU-NM Guardian of Liberty Award, 2013
- Leadership Albuquerque, Class of 2013
- University of New Mexico Clinical Honors
- Clinical Legal Education Association Outstanding Student Award
- Westlaw Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement in Third Year Class
- American Legal Publishing Corporation Award to the Outstanding Third Year Student
- Student Articles Editor, New Mexico Law Review, 2003-2004
Professional & Community Involvement
- Supreme Court of New Mexico's Code of Judicial Conduct Committee, Appointee
- International Women’s Brass Conference, Treasurer
- Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra, Second Trombone
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- State Bar of New Mexico
- American Bar Association
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- $2.4 million jury verdict in contract dispute involving intellectual property agent and licensing issues
- General counsel for Santa Fe Community College
- General counsel for the New Mexico Renewable Energy Transmission Authority
- Representation of individuals and fiduciaries in several complex contested probate matters
- Hearing officer work on behalf of the New Mexico Department of Health